Cole (for Bruton) Station
Photo by Jeffery Grayer (July 1967). © All rights reserved.
Cole was opened on 3 February 1862 and marked the original northernmost point of the Dorset Central Railway. The station was always signed as 'Cole for Bruton' as it was quite close to the town which was also served by a GWR main line (and is still open). The small goods yard closed on 5 April 1965, the station closed completely on 7 March 1966.
The station is now a private house.
The station will almost certainly be reopened for use when the line returns. It may well be worth building a spur to the ex-GWR Westbury-Taunton line to increase flexibility of service.