Photo by Mick Knox (6 March 2006). © All rights reserved.
Wellow was opened on 20 July 1874 with the S&D's Bath Extension. There were two platforms and a neat limestone station building. This was a particularly attractive station, fitting in very well with the adjacent village. It was once quite busy with goods traffic including watercress, corn and agricultural equipment. It closed for freight on 10 June 1963 and completely on 7 March 1966.
The station building survives as a private house, as does the signal-box.
The station will once again see trains when this section of the line is restored. It is hoped that the building and signal-box can be purchased before the reopening.